Mini golf is a family-friendly activity that is fun for people of all ages. Whether you are an experienced golfer or a beginner, miniature golf offers something for everyone. Running a successful miniature golf business, however, takes more than just a love of golf. From business acumen to understanding the ins and outs of the game, starting a mini golf business can be both lucrative and fulfilling.
America’s Love Affair with Miniature Golf
Miniature golf has been around in the US for several decades. In the years since its inception, mini golf course business owners have put their own unique twists on mini golf course design and development, which has resulted in the activity undergoing a series of transformations.
The second Saturday of May is officially known in the United States as National Miniature Golf Day. In celebration of his national holiday, mini golf businesses around the country hold special tournaments and often host corresponding outdoor celebrations.
Although a lot of mini golf courses are located outdoors, some are also found inside at hotels, bowling alleys, family entertainment centers, and other atrium entertainment areas.
How to Start Your Own Miniature Golf Course Business
There are several steps every business owner should take when thinking of starting their own miniature golf business:
- Know the target audience of who you plan on visiting your miniature golf business. Will it be families, individuals, seniors, or a mix?
- Choose a location wisely. Scope out several properties to see which will work best for your goals.
- Work with a professional company for the design, development, and construction of your mini golf course. Harris Miniature Golf, for example, exists solely to design and build mini golf courses. We would be happy to partner with you!
- Evaluate staffing needs for both the golf course as well as the surrounding amenities (food/beverage, concessions, restrooms, etc.)
- Begin interviewing and hiring employees once the golf course is under construction.
- Promote your business! Look into different marketing channels and advertising avenues to get as much exposure as possible. Harris Miniature Golf has developed a marketing manual that is packed with industry best marketing practices.
Where to Find the Best Miniature Golf in the Country
Known for their numerous miniature golf courses, the following cities and resort towns are hugely popular amongst miniature golf fans:
- Wildwood, New Jersey
- Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Branson, Missouri
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- The entire state of Florida!
Choose Your Location and Miniature Golf Construction Company!
Now that you have expressed an interest in starting a mini golf business, why wait any longer? Begin your new business venture today in mini golf! Reach out to Harris Miniature Golf for the easiest design, development, and mini golf course construction experience. Enjoy the process and have fun every step of the way.
Contact us at Harris Miniature Golf to learn more.